Calibre is a complete e-book library manager. Organize your collection, convert your books to multiple formats, and sync with all of your devices. Let Calibre be your multi-tasking digital librarian.
Manage, convert, sync, and more
- Library management. Calibre keeps things orderly by creating single entries for books that contains multiple formats. Add tags and comments for better searchability.
- Format conversion. Calibre's robust conversion options support a wide variety of file formats.
- File syncing. Calibre's device drivers seamlessly support all the top e-readers and devices.
Note: Now requires OS X 10.9.5 or later
- Edit metadata dialog: Allow right clicking the Paste ISBN button to instead paste an identifier with a different prefix.
- Tag browser: Add an option to control the spacing between items
- Add an option in Preferences->Look & feel to show individual layout buttons in the status bar, as was the case in calibre 2.x
- Edit metadata dialog: Add buttons to easily set/clear Yes/no columns
- Support for RAR 5.0 format RAR and CBR files
- Version 3.1.1 fixes a regression in 3.1.0 that prevented the standalone calibre-server.exe from working on Windows and macOS
- Content server: Fix various bugs in the SSL implementation causing aborted transfers when enabling SSL in the server
- Content server: Fix connections not being closed after errors/timeouts on the server side
- Fix an error during startup on Windows systems where the home directory is in a character encoding different from the system encoding
- Edit book: Fix escaping of text for regular expression searches unnecessarily escaping spaces
- Get Books: Search the entire catalog, including restricted books
- Fix regression in previous release that caused the Tag browser view to jump around when renaming items
- Splash screen: Fix text vertical overlap for some systems/font sizes
- Server: --daemonize option should not be present on Windows and macOS as it does not work on those platforms
- macOS: Fix some keyboard shortcuts not working in calibre 3.0
- Server interface: Fix error in the Browse all downloaded page when the book list mode is set to detailed list
- Get books: Update amazon.fr and ebooks.com plugins for website changes
- Content server: Fix for home screen being empty if the path to the calibre library has a trailing slash.
- Content server: Fix the new server interface not working with the --url-prefix option when the trailing slash is omitted on the URL used in the browser.
- Google images metadata download plugin: Fix for change in website causing no covers to be downloaded
Improved News Sources
- The Times
- Wall Street Journal
- New Yorker
- BBC News